MOVE2015 American Chapter – 4th International Conference on
Sub-National Measurement and Economic Analysis of Tourism:
Towards a Set of UNWTO Guidelines
November 18 – 20th 2015, San Juan, Puerto Rico
MOVE2015 conference is organized by Puerto Rico Tourism Company, and as always within the conceptual framework of INRouTe and in collaboration with the UNWTO and CICtourGUNE.
Wednesday November 18th and Thursday November 19th MOVE2015 conference will address topics that are absolutely aligned with INRouTe’s work and are the focus of the present Call for Papers. The International Network on Sub-National Economics, Mobility and Tourism (INRouTe), an initiative promoted by the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), is dedicated to advancing policy-oriented measurement and analysis of tourism in order to provide operational guidance to entities involved with sub-national tourism destinations.
Friday November 20th will host MOVE2015’s Puerto Rico UNWTO Tourism Forum addressing tourism topics coming up soon. These three days should enlighten an international and a local audience on the latest tourism trends in a remarkable setting!
Call for Research Papers
Research papers are invited across the widest spectrum of research conducted on measurement and economic analysis of tourism provided that the study area is subnational in scope and that the research submitted to the call addresses the following sub-topics specifically:
- Tourism and Territory: taking sub-national tourism seriously
- Territorial planning and tourism
- Setting up the conceptual design of a Regional Tourism Information System (R-TIS)
- Operationalizing the measurement of tourism destination for comparability purposes
- Tourism and the environmental dimension: the complexity of operationalizing a policy concept such as sustainable tourism
- Tourism in the conceptual framework of the System of Environmental Economic Accounting (SEEA) international standard
- Tourism and other dimensions of sustainable development: a statistical insight
- Adapting a R-TIS to sub-regional extensions of the UN proposed Ecosystem Approach to Environmental Economic Accounting
- TSA as the foundation for a Regional TSA: measurement and economic analysis at sub-national levels
- Complexity of the sub-national measurement of tourism
- ¨Significance¨ and ¨Scalability¨ as key concepts for measuring tourism at sub-national levels
- Setting up a R-TSA:
- Recommended principles
- Governance structure for a statistical project
- Feasibility study
All submissions are rigorously evaluated for novelty, significance, and soundness. Papers should clearly state the background, introduction, purpose, theory, methodology, results, conclusions and managerial/industry/social implications of the study, and be fully referenced with appropriate citations.
Research papers (10-20 pages) and extended abstracts (3-5 pages) should be innovative, so to advance the knowledge base of related fields. These papers present major contributions to the field and should be up to 20 pages in length. The conference may publish a MOVE2015 conference proceedings including all accepted full papers.
Submission of extended abstracts and full papers
- Authors must follow the ‘Author Advice’ document as a style guide for standards to follow in the preparation of manuscripts.
- All full papers & extended abstracts must be submitted in English. Please note: Conference sessions will offer simultaneous translation in English and Spanish.
- Authors are expected to:
- Submit an extended abstract by June 28st .
- If accepted, submit the corresponding full paper by October 2nd.
- Register by September 15th so that authors work is included in the programme.
- Extended abstract must be 3-5pages long
- Full papers (12-20 pages)
- Accepted authors must register for the conference by September 15th, 2015 and submit their full papers by October 11th in order to have their papers included as part of the conference programme for presentation and in the Conference Proceedings, should such proceedings be issued.
Submission closes: June 21th, 2015 – now extended to June 28th, 2015
Final acceptance: August 25th, 2015
Registration Deadline for authors: September 15th, 2015
Conference: November 18-19th, 2015
Research contact appointee
Please send your abstract and full papers to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact for Registration: email@example.com
Co-Chair of the Scientific Committee: Aurkene ALZUA, CICtourGUNE, Spain
Co-Chair of the Scientific Committee: Ismael SUAREZ HERRERO, Universidad Interamericana de Puerto Rico
Salvador ANTON, University Rovira I Virgili, Spain
Dan FESENMAIER, University of Florida, United States of America
Jon Kepa GERRIKAGOITIA, CICtourGUNE, Spain
Pilar GONZALEZ, University of the Basque Country, Spain
Tad HARA, University of Central Florida, United States of America
Calvin JONES, Cardiff University, UK
Steve MACFEELY, UNCTAD, Switzerland
Mara MANENTE, Universitá Ca’Forscari, Italy
Oriol MIRALBELL, Open University of Catalonia, Spain
Mari PAZ MORAL, University of the Basque Country, Spain
Beatriz PLAZA, University of the Basque Country, Spain
Scientific Committee Coordinator: Nagore ESPINOSA, INRouTe